28 July 2016

Qns to SGSAS: How (is SGSAS) able to help me make better trading decisions and recoup my losses?






Hi, 

I came across your blog and saw some advices on stocks. I've been trading for past 2 years, based on some other bloggers advises but so far I've been making losses. I'm just wondering if you are different from other bloggers and if you are able to help me make better trading decisions and recoup my losses. Thanks.






Thank you for your email.

I dare not say that I am better than other bloggers, and it will be darn outrightly arrogant to say that I am one of the best.

What I do for my clients is to share information and explain some of the shares movements. This first understanding of shares is important because share movements are ultimately due to buyers and sellers. A misconception is share price will increase or decrease by itself. This is absurd.

To make money from the market, there is no single formula or an one-size-fits-all-plan. You will need to understand your own behaviour, how you respond and react to the market. Many times because the more we are afraid to lose, the more we react violently to any market changes, both positively and negatively. That said I dare to say that not everyone is suited to be a trader.

Then again, it should not be a grave disappointment if one is not suited to be a trader. A profitable trader may not be a great investor and vice versa. If you find that this method is not working out for you, it is necessary to reflect upon the trade mistakes you have made. As Warren Buffet says, the first rule of investment is not to lose money. So whatever that you are doing, you might need to reconsider. Changing to buy other shares does not help much, so is changing the market or sad to say, changing your broker.

I am currently launching an investment plan for my clients, to lock in the profits when it's greater than dividends. I think this will be very useful for clients who are not free to watch the market. You are free to join me. 

Also next month I will be presenting a crash course at SAFRA to explain how to trade and invest. I will share more details on my blog when it is finalised.

Hope this will clear your views. Cheers!
//amazon