18 February 2019

Quarterly Review of System Z

Over the years of trading, it's an open secret that traders have to be consistent in the trades. And with that in mind, regardless of the market conditions, traders can make money.

I am supposed to do this quarterly review of my FX trades. This is to share and show that trading CAN be a way of living, a source of income and probably an additional revenue too.

Unlike those advertisements or Hollywood which glorified the word 'trading', my life is pretty much normal, holding a typical 8 to 5 salaried work.





Started a new FX broker after I terminated the contract with Oanda in Oct, the last quarter is a rather quiet one with typical returns. While the volume of the entire market has reduced, due to holiday seasons, I barely hit an average of 2% over the last 3 months.

While that is the case, it is important to note that the account was started in Oct, and it traded for 1 day.



With that in mind, it is only right to divide by 2 months instead. And so, this gives about 2.96%. Pretty close to my target of 3% per month.

In case you are wondering, my drawdown was at almost 0%. Screenshot for your reference:


November was a month of anxiety as FOMC meeting was in Dec. And there were some bad positions which need further averaging. Thus the spike in drawdowns.



Now looking ahead this year in 2019, my trade returns were averaging about 2.98% for these 2 months. Pretty close to 3%.

Let's hope March is kind to me.

Stay tuned.


Details at : http://www.myfxbook.com/members/asianfxwarrior/system-z/2730148
//amazon