05 September 2019

Qns to SGSAS: Is Algo/Robot Trading Better Than Human Trades?



I got some clients asking me on algo trading. They are asking if I do trading or if I have a robot that does the trading for them.

While algo trading/robot trading sounds sexy, please remember that humans are the brains behind it. The programs may be suitable and profitable for times like these, but the times may switch and change. In my personal opinion, algo trading is useful to filter and capture opportunities. The ultimate decision remains with humans' judgement and perspectives.

No robot can tell you when is the next crash, who will be the next US president or can HK riot cease and come to a peaceful agreement. Please understand the coding and parameters of the designed program so as to better manage the program's survivability in a changing market.

My 2 cents on algo trading.
//amazon